Saturday, July 16, 2011

Need to choose privacy trees/shrubs/vines to plant to hide neighbor's pool deck?

I live in NW Louisiana. Our neighbors have recently built an 18 ft high pool deck and when they are outside in the summer, they are able to look into our yard. Their kids, especially, are always looking over the fence. The pool deck is also not too attractive and is unsightly to look at when we are out trying to relax in the backyard. I would like some ideas as to what we can plant along a 6 ft tall wooden fence (in the sun) that would obscure their view of our yard (needs to grow at least 4-5 ft above our fence). I was thinking of jasmine on a few trellises, trees, tall shrubs, etc... Whatever we plant, I would like it to stay fairly close to the fence (within 2-3 feet) as I have a baby crepe myrtle (will grow to 20 feet high) 7 1/2 ft out from the fence that I don't want to lose. I could plant some tall trees in the middle of the fenceline (crape myrtle in back corner of yard) and some vines/tall shrubs on either side. Thanks for any ideas you might have. This is a side fence and the worst view is right in the middle of the fenceline as it runs from the front to back. I would also appreciate any ideas as to what to plant along the rest of our sunny fenceline without taking up too much of our backyard space.

No comments:

Post a Comment